The R.E.A.L. Mentoring Program is an educational and developmentally appropriate program designed for mentoring students in school. Our program uses the Botvin LifeSkills Training curriculum. This curriculum has been proven to help increase self-esteem, develop healthy attitudes, and improve knowledge of essential life skills, which promote positive academic, social and emotional learning.
Relevant. Educational. Attainable. Living.
Expected Outcomes Include:
• Fewer student discipline referrals/suspensions.
• Reduction in the number of truant students.
• Increased student self-regulation skills.
• Stronger connection between the school and the student's natural supports.
• Increased student self-confidence and social interactions.
• Increased social and emotional well-being.
• Greater student academic achievement.
• Better student decision-making.