The R.E.A.L. Mentoring Program is an educational and developmentally appropriate program designed for mentoring students in-school. Our program uses the Botvin LifeSkills Training curriculum. This curriculum has been proven to help increase self-esteem, develop healthy attitudes, and improve knowledge of essential life skills, which promote positive academic, social and emotional learning.
Relevant. Educational. Attainable. Living.
Expected Outcomes Include:
• Fewer student discipline referrals/suspensions.
• Reduction in the number of truant students.
• Increased student self-regulation skills.
• Stronger connection between the school and the student's natural supports.
• Increased in student's self-confidence and social interactions.
• Increased Social and Emotional Well-being.
• Greater student academic achievement.
• Better decision making by students.